Enhance downtown’s visual appeal and connections to the Riverfront Park through aesthetic-forward design while creating an inviting pedestrian environment reflecting Salem’s unique assets.
Enhance the pedestrian experience and advocate for improving connectivity at the Riverfront Park.
- Worked with the City moved all 19 planters to Court street and had them replanted.
- Worked with the City’s landmarks staff to find the names of our historic alleys.
- Coordination of holiday lights at downtown businesses.
- Designed and purchased 25 SMSA-branded feather flags to be used for First Wednesdays and other special downtown events.
- Worked with the Carousel and Salem Center Mall to display horses and one elephant at the Mall.
- Added informational and decorative graphics in Electric Alley.
Jacqueline Heavey, Chair
Vickie Hardin Woods
Interested in getting involved?